Sunday, July 17, 2011

Umbrian Jazz

We are a family again; Allen returned earlier this week in time for my birthday!

Jax, Subasio and Kira
The day before, our new friends came over for swimming and a BBQ.   I kept looking for the gas "on" switch, but we had to burn pine cones and WOOD.

Whatever it is, it sounded great
See the candle?
Church? No, Courthouse

Saturday was spent in Perugia, the capital of Umbria and location of a small jazz festival (Prince, Santana, and BB King were there) to listen to street music, shop, sightsee, and lunch (notice the candle in the middle of my seafood pasta?).

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a nice birthday! The kids look happy in the water! Maggie would probably really like to be swimming today - we are in the middle of a heat wave. It is mid 90's with 60% humidity, making it feel like 110 degrees according to the weather people. It is yucky.
    My Mom just picked Maggie up to take her shopping for school supplies - hard to believe it is only about a month until school starts.
    Well, I am going to take advantage of this quiet time and get some work done. Again, I am glad you had such a nice birthday!
    Jenifer

    ReplyDelete